1) First, pilot hole is cut into the bow of the boat using a special drill.
2) Next, a 12 3/4 inch diameter hole saw is used to cut the hole. The hole will be cut 90% on one side of the boat and then they will cut the remaining 10% from the other side of the boat. This will create a nice, round hole all the way through the boat.
3) Then the tube is inserted into the hole.
4) Now the tube is glassed into place. This will actually add structural integrity to the boat.
The average installation time is 21 hours over a 2 - 2 1/2 day period.
6) On the outside of the tube, the motor is installed.
7) These are all joined togther with a bolting process.
These bow thrusters are a battery operated accesory. This particular model works on two 12 volt batteries. The two batteries are wired in series to generate 24 volts.